Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tetris and Taco Bell

My most prominent job contact is currently on holiday, our apartment isn't available to us until September, and the owners of our temporary residence in Stockholm are out of town. So I'm currently situated in a beatiful place out in the country, with little or nothing to do. As I have nothing exciting to report, I figure this would be a good time to ramble on about one of the petty little differences between this country and my home country. The Tetra Pak. Apparently it's a Swedish invention. I'm hardly surprised, considering everything here comes in one of these cardboard boxes. Milk, sour cream, yoghurt (which is a common milk replacement for cereal. Yum.), wine, rosehip soup, fil (probably the closest thing to rotten milk I've ever tasted), even ground beef. That's right, ground beef.

Ok, so you're probably thinking I made that last one up, and you're right. I had to do it, for effect, you see. But if you've ever peered past the counter at Taco Bell and watched them squeeze your taco meat out of a clear plastic bag, you'll admit that meat in a box is not far fetched. In fact, I'm going to push for this to happen. I'm also going to push to have them renamed to Tetris Paks. Wouldn't that be awesome to be able to play a massive, edible game of Tetris in your fridge? You could even have your friends over on weekends and they could bring their fridge and, well, you know where this is going.

I need a job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

The little ones with the little stabby straw. Oh grade 4...

11:53 PM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home